Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thinking back, looking forward.

Lately I've been thinking about this past year, and all of the changes that have occured. It's been a pretty great year, and I have learned so much, grown so much, and have learned to become at peace with myself and my life and to trust God with everything in my life. I used to stress out about things all the time, and try to plan my life according to how I wanted it to turn out, but I have seen a huge difference- God has shown me that He knows what's best for my life, and all I have to do is ask Him to show me His plan for my life, and be obedient to Him.
I've been thinking about 2011 lately. Honestly, I am sooo excited to start a new year- I always am though, because I love the idea of "a new start". Isn't it great to have a new start? You can just forget all the mistakes and all the bad things of the past, and you get a clean slate, you can start over and do things differently. You learn from your mistakes from the years before, and work on improvement in your life.
2011 makes me excited, and it also makes me a little nervous at the same time.
It's going to be a really big year for me, full of lots of life changes, but exciting changes.
I've learned to not be anxious about the year, but instead completely give it to God and let Him guide me the entire year.
Here are some encouraging verses I found that have helped me trust in God for everything in my life and rely on Him for peace and comfort for the future:
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."-- Psalm 32:8
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
And God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus-Philippians 4:19
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. --Matthew 7:7-8
These are encouraging to me, and I hope you will find them encouraging as well! Have a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment